This event has now been cancelled and will be re-scheduled later this year.
Date: 11th March 2013 Time: 2pm (1:30 Registration) to 5pm
3 CPD Points (Subject to Confirmation)
Speakers: Hamish Arnott (Partner, Bhatt Murphy Solicitors), Steve Bravery (Bravery Law)
The trainers say “There are a number of new immigration enforcement measures which are designed to speed up the process of deportation or removal. The provisions apply to both indeterminate and determinate sentence prisoners and certain measures may affect your client earlier in their sentence than previously was the case. This course is designed to enable you to understand your client’s status and the impact that will have on their sentence and/or release.”
The course will cover:
- Is your client “liable to removal”? – A fundamental statutory definition
- Automatic Deportation – What it really means
- Repatriation – Consent and No consent
- Tariff Expired Removal Scheme (TERS)
- Other Foreign National Prisoner issues – the current position
This seminar is suitable for prison and immigration solicitors representing foreign national prisoners.
- One of the seminar speakers (Hamish Arnott) ic co-author of Foreign National Prisoners, Law and Practice (Legal Action Group 2012)
This Seminar is just £60 to Members of the APL and ILPA and £90 to non-members.
Places are limited so early booking is advised