Location: Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3LJ
Date: 30 January 2014 5:45pm for 6:00pm start 8:00pm finish
Abigail Smith – Barrister, Garden Court
Felicity Williams – Barrister, Garden Court
Content to be covered by speakers:
- What prison cases are now in scope of funding?
- How are transitional cases dealt with?
- Is any other funding available?
- Which criminal/prison firms can still do JRs (i.e. associated CLS work; public law contract or special one-off contracts).
- An outline of the proposed changes to the scope of JR funding, including the residence test, no costs if permission refused.
- An outline of the proposed changes to the scope of JR itself (eg; the ‘no right to renew’ proposal).
- The proposals on interventions.
Cost: £25 APL members and £40 non-members (places confirmed on receipt of payment).
CPD: 2 CPD points
A booking form for this event can be downloaded here.
Download the Flyer here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place or for further information.