APL Annual Conference (London)
20th April 2016 – 9.30am to 5pm (APL AGM 9.30 to 9.45am)
Sessions will include:
- Association of Prison Lawyers AGM
- Prisoners and Strasbourg Jurisprudence – Ian Brownhill
- Exceptional Case Funding for Prisoners – Simon Creighton and Laura Janes
- Action on Delays in Parole Cases – James Dixon
- Solicitor Access to Parole and Recall Cases – Chris Kemp (Public Protection Casework Section (PPCS), Offender Management & Public Protection Group (OMPPG))
- Guest Speaker Professor John Gunn – Crime In Mind
- Breakout sessions or Panel Discussion on Risk Assessment – (all academics & practitioner forensic psychologists) Dr Robert Forde, Dr Ruth Tully, John Gunn
- Administrative Court practice update – Matt Stanbury (Garden Court Chambers)and Paul Seddon (Chairman of ACL Legal Aid Group)
Chaired by John Turner, Solicitor, Kyles Legal Practice and chair of APL
The cost is just £120 for APL members and £180 for non-members.
Places are limited so early booking is advisable. A booking form can be downloaded here.