Our friends at PAS are looking for an Advice Line Caseworker.
The post is permanent (28 hours per week) and subject to a three-month probationary period.
The role is self-servicing and will involve:
- Advising prisoners in England and Wales regarding their rights, particularly the application of the Prison Rules and the conditions of their incarceration, by telephone and in writing;
- Taking full responsibility for a caseload,
- Contributing to the quarterly Prisoners’ Legal Rights Bulletin produced by PAS, external/internal training initiatives and policy work;
- Attending external events on behalf of PAS and being involved in PAS training/other events;
- Liaising with other voluntary organisations as appropriate;
The PAS Managing Solicitor will supervise the post.
Entry point between 30-32 on the NJC scale depending on experience (£27,358 – £29,055 pro rata plus London weighting of £3,405).
PAS offers a pension scheme to permanent staff members, with 5% employers’ contribution.
Annual holiday entitlement is 30 days pro rata per year + statutory days.
The application deadline is Friday 27 April, with interviews planned for Tuesday 8 May.
For an application pack please visit: http://www.prisonersadvice.org.uk/