This free seminar to be held at Doughty Street Chambers, London is to generate discussion as to the correct approach to Applications for Non-Disclosure within Parole Board reviews.
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
Venue: Doughty Street Chambers, Doughty Street, London. WC1N 2LS
Date: 22nd May 2012 Time: 2pm to 5pm. 3 CPD Points (TBC)
Panel and areas covered will include:Russell A’Court Public Protection & Casework Section Manager Terry McCarthy Parole Board Head of Litigation Phillippa Kaufmann QC Barrister Doughty Street Chambers Simon Creighton Solicitor Bhatt Murphy Ilid Davies London Probation Trust
- What are NDA’s and why are they used
- Code of Practice and the “Test” of NDA’s
- Late NDA’s and the implications for Parole Applications
- Role of “Special Advocates” with NDA’s
- Role & Influence of Victim Liaison and relevant guidance
- The volume of Applications and the practical impact of NDA’s in the parole process
- The Process for managing NDA’s
- Perspectives of, Prisoners, Solicitors and the Parole Board in NDA’s
- Appeals process for Prisoners where NDA’s have succeeded
- Inappropriate Use of NDA’s
- The Role of NOMS/MOJ and relevant probation circulars
- Relationships between the Public Protection Casework Section, Prisoners, Solicitors and the Parole Board in NDA’s
This Seminar is limited to Members of the Association of Prison Lawyers, Parole Board Members and Staff, Public Protection Casework Section Staff and Probation Staff and is FREE of charge
The Flyer for this event is available here.
To book a place at this event please download your booking form here.